December 20, 2007

Be Creative

Richard Branson has decided to invest $3 billion dollars over the next decade to fight global warming. He will invest all profits from his travel-related companies (Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Trains) in initiatives to develop new renewable energy technologies, both run by Virgin companies and external businesses. The more creative we are the more we can help others.

"Ridiculous yachts and private planes and big limousines won’t make people enjoy life more, and it sends out terrible messages to the people who work for them. It would be so much better if that money was spent in Africa – and it’s about getting a balance."

"A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts."

"I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It's done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer."

"I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes."

"Well, I'm somebody who is just living...living life, and if I get frustrated by something, then I like to try to put it right"

Richard Branson